Finding Peace, Comfort and Dessert ...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just another manic ... Wednesday...

Today marks the middle of the week, and Wednesdays are usually pretty busy for me. I try my best to get out of the house -- usually I meet the ladies at the Library for story time. Unfortunately, story time is on hold for December, so we just met at the awesomest.kids.park.ever! This place is a kid's dream brought to life.. its got a lighthouse, a castle, slides, swings, cars, ... pure childhood joy.

 Braeden is my oldest, he's 3 years old now and just about the smartest thing on Earth. I might be biased. But he is quite handy with gadgets! Braeden loves to play with his friends Jack, Junior, Alyssa and Scarlett, although today he wasn't very interested in them. Why, you ask? Because there was a cute blonde girl in a pink jacket for him to chase around. Oh my Lord, isn't it too early for this? ... I'm already prepping the bars for the windows.  ...

Braeden and the girl he followed at the park ;)

Lily had a blast at the park too. Oh.. you couldn't tell? That's her excited look.
  Anyway. We spent a good hour outside running around, and it was quite brisk. The kids had a blast, and I love getting to chat with the girls. Reminds me that I'm not alone in this stay-at-home-mom adventure, and we're all very like minded. We freely admit that some times we lose our patience. Sometimes we just put the babies down and walk away for a shower, a moment to breathe, or a chocolate treat we don't want to share with little grublets. I've been blessed with some really great friends that have helped me learn what it is to be a parent 24/7 with no breaks, and its such an amazing feeling to have them there to understand when my hair is mess and I'm not even out of my pjs at 5pm when they drop by. Or when my house isn't clean. Or when there's a pile of laundry the size of Mount Everest on my bed. Very lucky indeed.


Ahh... Yoga!
Speaking of amazing feelings, the other part of my busy day in the middle of the week is Hot Yoga. I started taking this class 3 weeks ago, and it is part of the reason I feel in love with Yoga all over again. There is something I can't even begin to describe about the heat generated in the body taking a hot class. There's so much release, all of my troubles, heartaches, and distractions just seem to melt into the mat and all I feel is this sparkle in my bones. And as the practice continues I smile more, I breathe better, I can feel the sparkle resonate through my body, my heart, my mind and I remember all the things I love about where I am in this life. All the people I love.  I am humbled by the blessings I've been given.



The Dinner Adventure ....

 Tonight's dinner was nothing fancy, just the Hubby's favorite: Chicken and Rice. (I don't have a picture because it was in the oven when I left for yoga and 3/4 eaten when I got home!) But its not a chicken breast with a side of rice. Its a casserole. Its got cream of mushroom soup, baby bella mushrooms, chopped onion, minced fresh garlic, some fresh parsley, and of course... chicken and rice. Its a recipe that is my own re-creation of the amazing chicken and rice we had in Bosnia. Its taken me 4 years of attempts to even come close, and recently I think I've hit the nail on the head. The trick is the right mix of fresh veggies. I suppose I should try to create my own cream o' mushroom soup too.. but that hasn't happened yet. For now, the canned stuff is okay... I'll make creating the sauce from scratch my next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment